Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Candy Babies! Is this okay?

Today I was surfing around on the facebook and I saw the following image on my ad-bar:

This is a giant hand holding little babies like they're peanuts.

Am I truly a psychopath or does this disturb anyone else?

My immediate thought was: 'Why are they making baby shaped candy now?'

My second thought was: 'Wait? Are those actual babies?'

This was quickly followed by: 'That is a very large hand.
. . .
I wonder what the rest of him looks like.
. . .
I guess that's kind of dirty.'

Also, what does this exactly have to do with ultrasound technology? Yes I understand that's how they come up with those creepy 3-D profile pictures of everyone who is and ever will be preggers from this point forward on the Facebook* but there are other things you can view with an ultrasound. Why not have a stock image of an actual ultrasound machine. Or better yet, a semi-pro medical professional in loud scrubs holding an imaging wand and looking pleased about gainful employment. That seems as if it would attract more traffic than a giant hand holding babies like one would hold M&M's? It's as if the giant has a bag of babies and he's just shaken a couple out into in his hand to devour for a snack.

This is truly disturbing! As I've mentioned. Who would decide to make baby shaped candies? Disturbed people, that's who! But way to go Facebook for adding a little creep to my mid-afternoon. I'll promise to stop deleting my browser cookies, if you'll promise to invade my privacy by monitoring my web shopping habits and go back to popping up customized shoe ads.


*On a side note I think I've figured out how to get gall stones so I can actually can post those ultrasound pictures of my gallbladder like when I first told you of my qualms about ultrasound images for profile pictures, here: It's your insides. Keep it to yourself. Yes, I'm considering giving myself gall stones to get an ultrasound and put the images on the interwebs for all of creation to see. Because that is acceptable now. I keep an open mind and I find it's discriminatory to other organs to exclude them from their own notoriety.

5 comments:

  1. This might be the most random post of yours I've ever read, and it was hilarious. Damn you for reawakening my cannibalistic sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is creepy...like, super creepy.

    Yes, it definately looks like "snack time" for someone...or something.

    It reminds me of those tiny plactic babies i have seen in ice cubes at Baby Showers...now, who came up with that sick idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe those are gall stones being held by that giant hand. I have never actually seen a gall stone so I can't say for sure that that's not what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with tracy. A truly creepy picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Beer - Sometimes the inner workings of my mind are truly well..frightening.

    @ Tracy - I know right!!!

    @ Christian - Well when I get them I'll be sure and take a picture of them.

    @ Bragon - I just don't understand why someone said 'Hey I know what let's do!'

    ReplyDelete