Thursday, November 10, 2011

The stuff a fat girl's dreams are made of.

I've gained approximately 10 pounds in the last couple of months because I quit going to gym in about July. My life just got cray-cray and I simply didn't have time and I haven't been able to establish a routine again.

So I'm now a fat girl again. I mean I wasn't a skinny girl in June but I was skinnier.

The other day I took a nap. Because not only am I fat, I'm also lazy.

Do you know what I dreamed of whilst I was asleep?

A buffet.

If I wasn't aware that I was fat by looking in the mirror I'm reminded of it when I dream. Of buffets. I don't even like buffets; I feel like it's a waste of money. Although it's kind of like that line in Shrek when Donkey says "I don't know nobody that don't like no parfait." I imagine everyone likes a buffet, most especially fat girls.

Le sigh. I feel shamed. 

7 comments:

  1. BREAKFAST BUFFET!

    Piles of bacon? Count me in, motherfucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? 10 pounds makes you fat? You ladies need to go easier on yourselves regarding your weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny - I tend to have buffet dreams - oh and feel I have to try everything there - sure you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...buffet. Screw it, I don't judge you for dreaming about an endless splay of foodcarts. Sounds damn delicious if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! i have gained almost 10 pounds from my low...trying to work it off...

    i found your blog from "A Beer for the Shower"...loved your comments!

    Look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't like buffets? What if you are in the mood for a cheeseburger and seafood fettuccine? Or you can't decide between sweet n' sour chicken and beef tacos. A buffet has all your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Sass: Aw man, you know I can't eat in the mornings. Can we go for brunch?

    @ George: Yeah, you're probably right about that but I actually lied about how much weight I had gained because I felt even worse saying I'd gained 13 lbs back. :/

    @ David: I am sooo glad I'm not the only one. I oddly enough have the same compulsion to try everything too. Even the stuff I know I'll hate.

    @ Beer: Thanks. (: Maybe one day I can stop self-judging.

    @ Tracy: I think there is something a little masochistic in our attempt to lose weight right before the holidays? No? And thanks so much for following meeee! :D

    @ Christian: When I went to Atlantic City a few years ago a friend of mine kept trying to get me to go to the $90 Bobby Flay Buffet (Which is super fun to say by the way! God I kill myself.) and it occurred to me that if Bobby Flay can't pin down one type of food to serve then we're all in a pickle. Hmm...pickles and sausage. I wonder if there is an all-night buffet around here?

    ReplyDelete