Thursday, January 13, 2011

My opinion on an article I just read.

Here is the article I just read: Article.

It's an article about why boys play with sticks. It goes onto talk about the gender disparity of toy choices between small children. Boys like to play with things that move and that sticks often resemble weapons and boys like to tear/maim/kill shit so naturally they like sticks. They go on to say that girls are not so judicious in their toy choices.

First of all, I take offense to their evidence that girls will play with whatever. Um, hello, that just means that girls are adaptable and boys are brats. I am sticking my tongue out to the author of the article.

I know, I know. I'm a grown-up. Can't you tell?

Secondly, I can tell you why boys play with sticks and it has nothing to do with their preference for moving parts or their predilection for manipulating things. Well it kind of does have something to do with their penchant to manipulate things.

It's because they have a penis. And they're taught at an early age that you cannot sit around playing with your penis all day long so what's the second best option? Play with something that resembles your penis. Hello, phallus type objects?  Swords, guns, monuments, etc.

I'll leave you with this link and then you can tell me I'm wrong.

Didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment