Friday, October 22, 2010

The day I almost, almost died.

Today, I almost died. Almost.

I didn't see my life flash before my eyes or anything so it was probably closer almost almost dying. But still, I could have died. For serious.

It all started when I was getting on the bus this morning and this skinny guy, wearing the ugliest jeans I have ever seen in my life, hefts up this cardboard box he's carrying and totes it onto the bus with him. He had it all taped up. I mean the entire thing was covered in tape. Not a spot was missing tape. It was taped up like he didn't want anyone getting whatever was inside the box out, or preventing whatever was inside the box from breaking out of the box unnecessarily. I'm thinking it was a bomb. (If you would have seen this guy's pants you'd understand why I thought it was a bomb and that he was tired of living his fashion-abused life and wanted to take as many people out with him as possible.) I mean why else would he have a box like that? It's not like he's shipping it somewhere. Why take it to Greensboro to ship it? What sense does that make? It was totally a bomb.

And I almost, almost died.

I know that bombs can be small and don't really need to be heavy but I figured that it was all the shrapnel wrapped around the bomb that made the box heavy. And packing it in tight would cause a bigger explosion because it would create more force by impeding the process of the shrapnel escaping the box. Granted he could have achieved this easier in a tight, plastic case because cardboard doesn't really impede shrapnel moving at a great velocity but he looked like an amateur. No camouflage and all.

I was so convinced it was a bomb that I sent my bff a text message and told her that I loved her. And that she could have all of my clothes. I IMed my other friend and told him to tell my mother that I love her and to also tell the sexpot neighbor that 'He'll never know what he missed.' My other friend I IMed to tell a description of what the guy was wearing and what he looked like because I feel like she'd be responsible enough to tell the police the details. She seems good under pressure while I hope the other two would be too busy wailing and gnashing their teeth and pulling out their hair to do anything functional.

What? I'm kind of big deal. I almost, almost died.

No comments:

Post a Comment