Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Stupidification of the Middle Class

I think I read somewhere or heard somewhere that America is slowly polarizing. Economically speaking of course. The middle class is apparently dissolving and people are either moving up or down, whichever the case may be.

I could see this as actually happening. But the purpose of this post is not to discuss the obfuscating economics of the country. The only way I ever understand what the Federal Reserve Board has to say is when I use that translating tool thing on Slate.com. For serious, check it out.

I want to discuss the melding of the American intelligence into a quagmire of general idiocy and stupidity. I'm not talking about politics.

I'm speaking of the honest-to-goodness stupidity that is invading our general lives. No one can spell anymore. For example, a sign on the bus under a picture of a guy who clearly has caused some trouble on the bus says this, exactly:

This man is band from riding.

Yes. You've read correctly. This man obviously has a pair of cymbals, a harmonica, two different drums and a bicycle horn hidden somewhere under his windbreaker.

5 comments:

  1. Oh ho. You are preaching to the choir today, my friend. I received a paper, submitted foreal, as a FINAL fucking draft entitled:
    "American Literacy and it’s Short Comings"

    My head exploded. Pardon me while I pick up the skull chunks marring my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! It really doesn't bode well for American Literacy, does it?

    Snort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg its so true, there are so many people who thing "tomorrow" has an "a" in it. what the hell?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure you did. Winky winky. ;)

    You know I'm only kidding right?

    ReplyDelete