Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love or Furniture?

Here's a hypothetical question:

Which does a person want more, love or furniture?

I suppose it depends on the desperation with which you yearn for both. On one hand, it's hard to have love if your apartment looks like a band of feral 4 year olds lives there. On the other, your furniture doesn't really give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Okay. I lied. It does.

Well the right furniture does. Other furniture reminds you of monolithic creations that should have stayed in the Neolithic Age.

Anyways, my subscription to the online dating scheme has lapsed and I was going to re-up my membership but then I decided I needed furniture worse. So I bought a bookshelf.

But I swear it's a conspiracy. I've gotten more emails in the time that my subscription has been absent than in the weeks it was active. I personally think that is fishy. I didn't change my picture. I haven't updated my profile. Nothing has changed except for the fact that they are no longer taking money out of my account and accusing me of being a thief. I seriously am expecting that two things have happened: A) they hid the emails that I got before until now when I can't view them so that I would re-up my subscription or B) I've really only gotten one email and they're trying to make it seem like 9 million so that I will re-up my subscription.

Nevermind the fact that if I did get only one or 9 million emails they're all from some redneck-y people that combined have a grand total of 7 teeth, which subsequently happens to be 3 more teeth than the graveyard shift at your local Waffle House.

Anyways, I need your input. Should I re-up my contract and continue my search for love on the interwebs? The same place where there are websites of kittens with captions and octopuses who in live in trees?

Or should I just be pleased in the serendipitous way that my subscription ended and be done with it?

Opinions?

2 comments:

  1. Let's get you laid the old-fashioned way: with tits, whiskey, and a fist full of condoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that and cackled. I've got at least one of those three covered.

    ReplyDelete