Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things I shouldn't probably admit to doing, but I'm going to anyway.

In an effort to be closer to you blog reader, I realized that we don't know that much about one another. So in an attempt to develop some emotional intimacy I am going to tell you a couple of things about me that I am somewhat ashamed of and then you can respond in the comments. 

1. I'm afraid of the mail man. Don't ask, I don't know why. I just am.

2. I watch those Japanese cartoons sometimes when I'm bored. It's the story that draws me in. They're always about some kid who is in love with his best friend, who happens to be gorgeous. For some reason or another, he has been chosen to go out and save the world and his budding romance resides on whether or not he'll get it done. I'm a sucker for a good love story.

3. When I make a sandwich I always stick the spoon in the mayonnaise jar and eat a spoonful. Half a spoonful if I'm feeling fat that day.

4. I don't like peanut butter or chocolate. I know. I'm an alien obviously.

5. I have at least 80 pairs of underwear. No, I'm not kidding.

6. I have a sticky phobia. For serious. It's kind of obnoxious sometimes. If I'm inebriated multiply that by 10. It's quite a sight to see. But you have no clue how debilitating it is. My brain seriously shuts down and enters this cycle of where I have to rub my fingers against my palm multiple, multiple times. I imagine this is how chronic OCDers must feel. It's horrible.

7. I read this article one time about people whose genetic makeup is different from their sex. IE they're really XY but they feel XX. I sometimes think I have that condition. Mostly I think it's because I hate cuddling, have a huge fear of commitment and hate it when gentleman callers spend the night. And you wonder why I'm single?

8. I still require the nurse to hold my hand when I'm getting a shot and I always think about the Blair Witch Project whenever I get a female physical because that's what the doctor talked about at my very first female physical. Why she was talking about such an old, old, old, really old, movie I'll never know.

9. I'm also afraid of Howard the Duck. It makes me cry. Because it's creeeeeeepy.

10. I don't run anymore because I think I have those fractures in my feet that morbidly obese people get. I figure that's why I have shin splints.

Okay, now that I've shared odd things about me...What makes you, blog reader, odd? 

Please don't everyone respond at once.

4 comments:

  1. sometimes I like to eat baby powder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. -i don't eat the end of my french fry that my finger has touched

    -i don't like mint and chocolate together...mint is made for gum and mojitos.

    -i hate spiders but would rather set them free than kill them...no not because i'm a good person. i don't like the squishy sound it makes when you step on them...and yes i can hear it even if you can't.

    -my favorite gatorade is orange

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also dont like mint and chocolate together....

    ReplyDelete