Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank you rain!

Right now, as I type this, I'm standing in the rain avoiding my friend Ron at the bus station. That's right. I'm using the rain as a shield. If I wanted to stand under the overhang that'd put me directly in his personal space bubble.

At least I think it's him. Honestly I don't know. I haven't looked at him because I'm afraid he'll recognize me. I'm wearing my rain coat with a hat pulled way down with my hood on so as to discourage people from talking to me. I'm just assuming as much because this guy keeps creeping towards me. Maybe not though, because if it was him he'd probably be chatting me up.

Shit I spoke too soon.

Good news! He's getting his own place. (Where does he live now? Maybe with Damont and Howard. I don't know I didn't ask.) He's been busy. Apparently.

Yesterday when I got on the bus in Greensboro there was an older gentlemen that sat in the seat in front of me and said 'Watch out, here he comes.' Thankfully he was just poking fun at me (his words) because he saw me wave him off from sitting with me the other morning and found it funny. Actually he was very appreciative because he was tired of hearing Ron's damn mouth. The guy never shuts up. He's talking to the bus driver now. Can't a person enjoy their bus ride in the rain in silence so they could get in a quick nap? No, that's not going to happen today.

At least he's not sitting with me this morning.

Thank you rain.

7 comments:

  1. Thank god for small miracles. I am glad you had a peaceful ride to work today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way, I have given you a blog award.

    http://make-daddy-a-sammich.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-got-awarded-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo hooo! :D THIS IS TOTALLY EXCITING!!!!

    What do I do? (I'm an award virgin. The only time I ever won anything was the Fire Brigade open house at that packaging plant I worked at. I won a banana and a Walmart gift card. Or maybe they were just giving out bananas...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats and followed the oily one over here via a trial of breadcrumbs...

    or a hyperlink...

    whatever.

    i also have ignored people i know when i see them in public...

    why?

    because sometimes it is just easier than a cnversation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Bruce! I find that conversation is really difficult most of the time. I wish communication consisted of seeing someone and sticking your tongue or not depending on how you felt about said person. It'd be a lot more upfront and less debatable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have become aware of the backspace and delete key on my keyboard, but seem to be broken or do not exist in 3d life.

    hence i am usually filterless and more hurtful albeit truthful in 3d world.

    avodance makes the world a better place at times...

    Bruce and Tucker
    Bruce Johnson JADIP
    Evil Twin
    stupid stuff I see and hear
    The Dreamodeling Guy
    dreamodeling!
    The Guy Book
    The Guy Book

    ReplyDelete