Thursday, March 17, 2011

There's a novel idea.

I woke up this morning to the sound of my room-mate's cat yakking all over my bedroom. That's how I know she loves me.

Then on my way to the bus station I almost got hit by the meter maid in his little car. I guess he's really a meter butler because he's a man but he was going to the run the red light and almost damn near hit me but finally stopped. And then flirted with me. Really? You almost maim me with your meter cart and then hit on me? Thanks, but no thanks.

Fast forward an hour and I'm on the bus going to work and another bus driver gets on the bus and strikes up a conversation with the bus driver driving the bus about where to eat lunch that day. It's a perfectly nice conversation to which they require no input or external opinion. Then passenger 'Lisa' speaks up.

She starts yammering on and on and on about all the places to eat in town and where they are and how she apparently knows the owners of all of these places and guess what? 'They're all super nice!'

What-the-fuck-ever.

I'm going to warn you about what I'm going to say next as it is quite possibly one of the worst things I will ever say and I'm totally driving the bus to Hell. Get on if you want.

You know why everyone is super nice to Lisa? BECAUSE SHE'S A CRIPPLE. Seriously, who is an asshole to cripples? I'm just putting that out there. I've worked in the restaurant industry and people that own and run restaurants are not nice. They're fucking asshole coke-heads with a superiority complex and a point to prove. They usually end up drowning in the bottom of a whiskey bottle followed by 8-balls and dirty hookers.

Lisa then goes on and on and on about this one pizza joint on the corner (It isn't that great.) that is apparently owned by 'Kyle and Leo' and quelle suprise! They're Italian and from New York.

Imagine that. Italians from New York running a pizza joint. There's a fucking novel idea.

7 comments:

  1. You're right about Lisa. You're still going to hell for bringing it up, but you're right. Does she know any Jewish guys that own a deli in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guh. This day. I'm done with it. I'd gladly drive the bus to hell with a 5th in my hand and texting with the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she probably does a Jew or two with a deli. And they're probably super nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day, grasshopper, I will tell you all about my run-in with April the Wheelchair Psychopath and you'll feel plenty better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I could count on you to go to Hell with me. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. New phrase of the week for me: "What-the-fuck-ever."!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does roll off the tongue quite well doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete