Friday, March 4, 2011

The Xanax fairy came and I missed it.

Today I went to a funeral. There was a death in my family and it was tragic and sad and I'm truly sorry for my family and their loss but I have a bone to pick with these people.

My entire family was fucked up. Seriously. Apparently these people have had enough grieving so they got in line at the Pharmacy counter and partook. Granted it was nice that they didn't sob their brains out but where else can you sob your face off and grieve than at a funeral? That would be the appropriate place for crying. Not for being fucked up. Then again maybe they just needed their own way to self-medicate. I guess we all do it.

Another thing and I really hope I don't offend anyone here because I don't mean to be malicious but can I please go to a Baptist service one day and not have 3 different people tell me they're concerned about my immortal soul? and try to baptize me*? I get that's what they do but damn ya'll, can we talk about the deceased and how we can help his family move on? Instead of forming a queue at the baptismal submersion pool?

Just a thought.

Back to the Xanax thing, here is the last thing I'm going to say about that. If my mom wouldn't have made us late I'm wondering if we'd have got in line too? Who knows? Probably not. Someone had to drive.

*For those of you that are concerned about my immortal soul, I'm Methodist. I was baptized at birth and yes it does it too count. 

3 comments:

  1. I cringe each time I'm expected to go to a funeral on my dad's side because of seemingly endless conga line of speakers trying to save me.
    Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not worried about your immortal soul as that is your business. But then again I am not baptist. lol

    I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ George: It really takes it out of a person doesn't it? Thank you so much for your condolences.

    @ Trash: Hah. My immortal soul probably is in a little jeopardy by now. Oh well. Thanks for the condolences.

    ReplyDelete