Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cue the sigh of disdain.

I finally bought a dress. And it's not a solid color. Nor is it black.

I know what you're thinking. Who has abducted my brain and do they plan on giving it back?

Prints are not my thing. Not at all. If you've ever been privy to my diatribe about prints then please skip forward a paragraph or two. If not, onward!

Prints are a fickle bird. Mostly they're meant to be an accessory piece, well at least I think so. Don't get me wrong, certain people can wear prints and certain people can't. Some people wear prints and you see them and think, "How cute!" and some people wear prints and you think "That's a whole lot of print..." Fat people cannot or should not wear prints.

That being said I bought a print dress with a certain amount of apprehension. Not that I consider myself fat by any means. I am most certainly not skinny but I think that I've been shaping up quite nicely. Spin class and all.

So hopefully this dress is okay. I think it's cute. I just need shoes and a yellow scarf. It has a really nice fit, because it's a petite and all, that's why I bought it.

So next week when you see me in a print and find yourself starting to cringe, that's when you cue the sigh of disdain. I'll recognize it (I do it often.) and go run and hide away somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for prints! I have a yellow pashmina if you want to borrow that. (It's definitely not a pretty silky scarf if that's what you're looking for..."scarf" is weird word!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I allowed to borrow stuff from you for your own wedding?

    ReplyDelete