Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random musings from the bathtub of Anna G. [Insert last name here]

Sorry for the ambiguity on the title but this is on the world wide interwebs and not that anyone would want to steal my identity it's always good practice to be safe.

I thought tonight's post could consist of a sampling of the random things I think about while sloshing around in the bathtub. I always think that taking a bath will be so relaxing and comforting and then I get in there and get bored. There's not a whole lot to do in the bathtub. I used to try to read but that turned out to just be soggy. I tried talking on the phone but that was bad for my phone, they don't do well being damp. All of my barbies are at mom's house so I can't really play. Hence, mostly I think in the bathtub and I get a lot of things thought because it takes me a really long time to get pruny because I have super dry skin.

Random musings:

I have hair on my big toe. On both of them really, and it's a pretty awkward amount, not enough to commit to having toe hair and not enough to be ignored. I have 9 hairs on the right and 11 on the left. Where's the symmetry in that? They're dark hairs too so they show up. I don't think you really notice them until you get close but it's still disturbing. So I shave them off. I wonder if I could do laser hair removal on my toes?

Speaking of toes, if I stick my big toe in the spout of the faucet of the bathtub it kind of looks like a hat for my toe. Or I just came out of the faucet.

I just love the smell of the ocean. I have a sea salt hair masque that does wonderful things for my hair (which is pretty brilliant to begin with, I know it's a burden I must bear) and smells like the ocean. Sea salt is a wonderful crystalline thing.

How do they make powdered sugar? It's from regular sugar that had to be granulated or crystallized at some point so maybe they just grind it up? But it seems to me that if you grind up crystals you just get smaller crystals, not powder.

How does one get a job grinding up sugar into powdered form? Also how do they make fish oil? Do you think there is an assembly line of people who do nothing but squeeze fish all day? Imagine squeezing fish for a living. That's got to be a great position to have for parties. "Hi Bob. You're a CPA? Well I squeeze fish for a living. You want to shake my hand? I'm warning you, I've got a vice death grip. It's from squeezing fish for their oils." Seriously, that would be so cool! Cool but stinky I imagine.

Do you think you could squeeze a fish so hard it's eyeballs would pop out? If I was a professional fish squeezer that would be my goal. (Say professional fish squeezer three times fast.) I'd want to squeeze fish so hard their eyeballs would pop out of their skulls from the buildup of internal pressure. Although I bet it would be difficult, especially as all of the lubrication would be leaving the fish into a little collection jar. I bet improperly lubricated eye sockets create a lot more surface tension between the eyeballs and socket which would require much more force to disrupt.

Maybe wringing the fish is a better oil retrieving strategy...professional fish wringer. Doesn't have the same ring to it does it? You could reclaim those old laundry wringers with the turn crank and handle for wringing fish. Then I suppose their eyeballs just get mushed. That would not be a good job for me as I would have no goals to aspire to. And that would be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment