Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am still le-sick. And a smidge more pissed off about it than yesterday.

Soooooo you know how I mentioned the only thing I hate worse than a sore throat is an ear ache...

Well all I'm saying is that everyone should be grateful I made it to my mom's in time to at least prevent that. It was kind of touch and go there for a minute though. They started to hurt and I began to panic and then my mom informed me she wasn't scared of me. Then she brought me antibiotic ear drops because secretly she knows it's easier to appease me than to deal with me. She never did tuck me in.

I will say that it is amazing how much better I felt when I was here, at her house, in my bed, or at least the bed I sleep in at her house. My bed is in storage.

That's right I moved today. Sick. Whilst I did not have a fever, (I think my thermometer lied to me for a while) it was still rather touch and go at times. I must give kudos to my dad and my two bff's, RR & JH, for hanging in there and helping. I'm a whiny somebody when I'm in pain. I decided today that if I never have a sore throat again it will be too damn soon. Someone should really come up with an effective pain management strategy for sore throats, and the associated inflammation.

Have you ever sneezed with a sore throat? I figured I was in the process of tearing my own uvula out with the forced exhale of air. Seriously, it's freaking hurts. Badly.
I would not have been surprised to have looked down into the tissue and seen my weak, puny, sorely inflammed uvula laying there in my hand sputtering:

"Did you have to kill me this way? Couldn't you have just swallowed me?"

(Of course this would be impossible to understand because I do not speak Uvulese, but you get the picture. Just for reference, your uvula is the dangly part at the back of your throat.)

Because let's face it. You 're only supposed to take 2500 mg of Tylenol a day (that is 5 of them and they last 4 hours plus/minus an hour, heavy on the minus part), 4 Goody Powders in a 24 hour period (I had that done by 2 PM) and 6 ibuprofen (at 4 at a time that's a dose and a half). So you do the math,

My liver is pissed.

And my throat still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment