Friday, May 21, 2010

The next time you're bored, wear a skirt to the auto parts store

So today I wore a skirt, as exemplified by the title of this post. And as also exemplified by the title of this post I had to go to the auto parts store. My rear-view mirror fell off the windshield. Leaving the futility of my life for a different blog post, we move on.

I mosey on into the auto parts in my skirt and I swear you would have thought I strolled into the Sahara with a water wagon. It was almost like those old westerns where the guy that has come to deliver the reckoning to the bad guys of the town wanders into the saloon and conversation stops. Yeah, definitely like that. But I want to be Val Kilmer from Tombstone. Doc was way more hard core than Wyatt Earp ever was. You're a daisy if you do and all.

People, when I say people I mean men because that's all that really populates an auto part store, acted like they had never seen a woman before. It's not like I'm insanely beautiful, well I am a big deal and kind of hot, but you get what I'm trying to say. At first, you'd think that you would feel embarrassed but you get over it pretty quick. There is something empowering about walking in somewhere an knowing everyone is thinking about you. About who you're there to shoot and whether or not they've done something to piss you off.

God I love Westerns.

The second greatest thing about being a woman and wandering into an auto parts store is that they always assume that you're an idiot. You've met me. This goes over with me like a box of rocks. Also contrary to popular belief I'm not an idiot when it comes to cars and car parts. Seriously I think I know more about cars than the people at the Auto Zone, well it's not like I could take the transmission out of your car with my eyes closed or anything but I could probably figure it out. I'm actually a very quick study and very mechanically minded. What I'm trying to say it that it's sad when I am explaining things to the auto parts representative. Just ask Rusty about the brake fiasco of last month in which I had to make a scene. (Maybe it's just because I drive a Volkswagen...)

And although this is a general response to any situation in which a woman wears a skirt, a girl cannot even ride down I-40 without being blasted by a truck horn, it's annoying, it still makes for an eventful evening.

The same can be said for wandering through the Bass Pro Shops. Especially the gun section. You'd think that they'd seen the fairer sex before.

Obviously not.

No comments:

Post a Comment