Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

I am having a shit day, compounded by the fact that apparently there was a scheduled monsoon that I was unaware of. So I'm stuck at the gym. I could be at the bar. Drinking. But I'm sitting at the gym, smelly and sweaty, watching it rain.

Correction. Watching it pour.

The gym has no water today. Because there is a leak in the main line. And they still made me buy a water. Where is the logic in that? So that's why I'm sweaty. I'm smelly because I'm sweaty. I was going to shower before I went to dinner with my friend but there is no water. So then I decided I would go and have a drink to waste the time. And now 4th street is a working model of the Colorado River. Maybe they could damn it up and get some power? (Seriously, why do I not get paid for these ideas? They're money makers for sure.)

Okay. So I meandered out into the deluge and are/am (I'm never sure of the correct verb tense, I mean I am only one person but it's hard to figure out verb tenses sometimes) soaking wet. Seriously. I dis-robed in my car and put on my ratty Wake sweatshirt. So now I'm at Olde Winston Social Club having a beer. I'm doing a little better. Okay. Lots better. Well not that much. I've only had half of it at this point. But I expect to have a completely better outlook by the end of it. Whoever said alcohol can't bring you happiness was obviously high on quaaludes.

Normally I ascribe to a "you bring it on yourself" mentality. But some days life just hands you shit. Today is that day.

Thank you life for shitting on me.

For example: no water at the gym, then there was a fire drill during spin class, the monsoon season is upon us. And we're not going to mention the fiasco at work. Needless to say that my faith in people has once again been affirmed.

People are fucking lame as shit. Lam-o-zoids.


So I'm going to drink my beer because I'm soaking wet and I really like beer. And Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment