Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm too discombobulated to care.

Alright, I'm going to say it.

I'm tired of seeing oil covered pelicans.

Think of me what you will, but I have decided to no longer care.

Because honestly, what am I going to do save the birdies? Am I going down there to submerge them in dawn and freak them out? No. They'll die anyways. The oil they're covered in, they've most certainly ingested. Hence, their liver is shot and they're going to be dead shortly anyways. What am I going to do to change the situation? Quit driving? I'm American. It's my DNA to drive distances I could walk. (I am going to start making my commute via the bus next month. That should provide lots of blog fodder. For serious, the upcoming month's blogs should be ripe, lots of happenings to provide blog fodder. Two words: Online dating. eek!)

There are just some days that I simply cannot waste the emotional energy caring about things I can do nothing about. When I was 16, I gave myself a bleeding ulcer doing this. For serious, it was bad news bears. It's hard enough trying to be proactive about the things that I can do something about. Then you have to spend the time trying to figure out the difference between those things you can affect and the things you cannot.

Oh looky, yet another blog post about how I have control issues. It's good to see that I've had some personal growth in the last few months.

2 comments:

  1. I don't actually watch the news anymore. Between talking heads discussing Sarah Palin's tits (!!!) and the adventures of serial killers from Aruba, I just don't have the goddamn strength. I watch Food Network instead which, I think, makes me the best. American. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it does. Indeed, it does.

    ReplyDelete