Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's totally Romper-ific!

Imagine that after you read the title there's a token picture of some cheesy game-show guy giving you the thumbs up and doing that hokey sideways grin. I would find one but I'm not sure how to google that.

So this little morsel of the delight has been stuck in my craw for a while now.

Apparently the "Romper" is back. Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Are you kidding me?

Attention peoples of the world: The romper is not attractive. Nor is it functional. How do you pee in that thing? Oh that's right, you have to get completely freaking naked to do it. At least with wee-people's rompers they have the whole flap thing. I think that if as an adult you're going to commit to a romper you should at least invest in one with a crotch flap so when you pee at the bar you don't have to expose yourself in strange, unclean places. That cannot be sanitary.

Just so that we're clear. I have never been naked in a public restroom therefore I feel that I can indeed judge those who have.

It should be a sign that when you google the word romper and then go to images of rompers, there are 3 pages of adult sized rompers and 8 pages of children sized rompers. Maybe that's because they're cute on children???? Maaaayyyybbbeeee? The idea of adult fashion is so that you look like an adult, not like an adult moonlighting as a four year old. That invites all sorts of dirty, dirty old men and their lecherous stares and no one finds that fun. Except girls in rompers. Obviously.

Rompers are beach wear and wearing them in public, public that isn't the beach, doesn't make you avant-garde. It makes you tacky. Obviously tacky. You don't see people ice-skating down 4th street in the summer. That is because there is a time and place for certain articles of clothing; there is a reason why you don't wear your couture gown to play softball.

Besides, do you really want to own anything that has it's own section in the American Apparel catalog?



Didn't think so.

5 comments:

  1. Romper invasions MUST BE STOPPED. Esp. at bars. It's just confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a reason why you don't wear your couture gown to play softball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww man...i bought you this as a DC souvenir, but I guess I should return it:

    http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&storeId=301&langId=-1&productId=502187086

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, you buy it and I'll wear it. BUT! You have to be the one to go out in public with me. ;)

    And Dating...I'm eerily afraid that you've seen my softball skills to make that kind of judgement.

    And Sorcia Mc: A girl can always rely on you to back her up. Let's go out soon and do some active heckling of those in rompers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay wow. I think my blog was spammed. Dating I don't believe is an actual person but a dating blog. Geez oh pete. I've got to be more judicious in whom I let comment on ye old blog here. Gah. I guess now would be the appropriate time to slap my forehead?

    ReplyDelete