Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trial by Fire - Online Dating, Edition 3: I am not long winded, Am I?

Today I've finally decided to respond to the second email that Kaopectate, the man you, blog reader, decided I should wink at. I should thank you in advance. Not because we've hit it off and are blossoming into a beautiful couple. Nooooooo, because I have expanded my vocabulary.

This man goes on and on and on and on and on and on. Thus I feel compelled to respond with an equally long email so that I don't hurt his feelings. I'm not kidding. You thought I could ramble on?

REMEMBER THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS AND BY NO MEANS AM I ASSUMING THAT HE IS LONG OF THE WIND OR TALKATIVE OR ANY OTHER DEROGATORY THING.

I've got nothing on Kao.


Here's some actual highlights of what I have written him (because I haven't consulted with my legal counsel if I can post what he wrote, I'll paraphrase what he wrote.) :

What made me wink back at you?
My friends harassing me about the fact that I had to wink at someone, and they picked you.
. . .
I was extremely hesitant to start the online personals and after much haranguing from my friends I joined
.


This was in response to his query about why I winked at him and what made me join the online personals. For serious. I'm not kidding. See, I did manage to use harangue. I hardly ever use that one. Earlier in the email I used renege and fraudulent (in describing the fiasco with the account cancellation and all.) Vocabulary expansion, engaged. I actually had to look up how to spell those words. (I have problems with vowels, especially when they're strung together. Granted none of those words apply in this case because I can actually spell fraudulent but still. Silhouette. I have a problem with that word. )

Okay, listen up. This next part is actually what he said to me because I just couldn't let it go...I am passing no judgment on it and are merely posting it here to exemplify the interactions that I have on the online dating website. For serious, No judgment. You, however may form your own opinions.

.here are some more questions for you....since you say you're very busy....what's a typical day/week for you like...what keeps you so busy? What do you do for fun when you're not busy? When was your last relationship, and why didn't it work out?

Here is an opinion that you, blog reader, may have:


He thinks he is slick. Sliding in the "last relationship" question at the last minute. Whatever.


Yet, another opinion you might have in response to reading what he wrote, that the author of this blog has no opinion about:

He really is very inquisitive. I still wouldn't tell him anymore than you had to. Or anything really. This could end badly for you. You, Anna = blog author, are not long-winded enough to form a suitable and lasting relationship with this fellow.

Just one last opinion that the author of this blog is definitely not influencing your decision to make:

Creep-O-Zoid

No comments:

Post a Comment